Corsica • October 2018
- Holiday home, Belgodère and random Corsica photos October 21, 2018Photos of our holiday home, the village of Belgodère just next to it, and other photos from around Corsica.
- Monte Tolu October 21, 2018Our first walk on Corsica and not too challenging, but nonetheless finishing with some exciting but safe scrambling to reach the summit.
- L’Arche de Corte October 22, 2018This turned into a very long walk of over 20 km, including a steep ascent through stunning rock formations, soft paths through peaceful, deserted woodland and a deep river gorge.
- Calanches de Piana October 24, 2018The Calanches de Piana is an area with many crisscrossing walks, where the highlight is the amazing weathered red rock. The scenery was once again in stark contrast to the other walks we did.
- The city of Calvi, the abandoned village and the beach October 25, 2018We started the day with a look around the nearest city, Calvi, and its large, fortified citadella. Then we went on to visit an abandoned village, Occi, now said to be inhabited by lizards. We finished the day on the beach for a swim in the Mediterranean.
- Lakes and clouds: Our attempt on Punte alle Porte October 26, 2018Our last day and a steep hike up past two lakes was planned. After thirty minutes of winding road up through the Restonica valley, we arrive at a large car park and the dairy shop. The shop is still open, but there's no fee for the car park out of season.